Sunday 1 March 2015

This One Is For Victoria

I LOVE HIS PRESENCE 

Praying for Latin America during one of the prayer
sets. I want to go so badly
Well here's to the very long overdue blogpost.

I am sorry as per usual. I cannot stress enough how crazy and hectic and wild and wonderful life seems to have been. I have failed at recognising that time management is a priority but from now on I will try my best (I think you will find me glued to my computer screen often)

These past two weeks have been wild. I'm 95% sure I say that every week but it's true! If you are reading this then I once again extend an open invitation to come visit me in Hawaii so you can really know what I am talking about.


My bestfriends......
Farm News: Well yeah the farm hasn't changed much. It's the usual daily grind. Everyday I go home with an excessive amount of dirt on my skin but I don't mind. I really do enjoy the people I work with. And as much as I don't like animals the newborn lambs are pretty cute. I'm also just so amazed at what the people at the farm do. They develop new ways to appropriately help eliminate poverty. Self sustaining vegetation systems and crops that are easy to grow but also have supple amounts of nutrients are what I deal with on a daily basis.Once a week we have a video and discussion on world poverty at the farm and it's always enjoyable and insightful. I planted a couple trees, harvested onions that we use in the cafeteria, and mixed compost (aka cockroach kingdom ewwww) all in the course of two weeks...maybe three. Oh I definitely need to update more.

I adore Firestarters.
One of the fun things we do during the program is crafts!
Awaken News: I love the people I will be staffing with in April. The school is fast fast fast approaching and it doesn't feel real. The plan is to set the family/ kingdom culture before the students arrive so that the school will reflect it's leadership. We want to be a family now so that our school will be a family when it starts. We meet twice a week together just to hang out, discuss what's to come and hear awesome speakers teach on leadership all in the name of team bonding and I love it. Every time we get together I get this sense that this DTS will be special. A good chunk of us are first time DTS staff which adds this excitement of the unknown to our team. I haven't found out where I am leading an outreach team to or even where we are going. I do know that I will know very soon though, not that I can share on this blog -- potential students could be reading. Speaking of: if you are currently kind of lost in life and don't know what to do then please join me here in Kona in April. You won't regret it. DTS is life changing. 

Other News: Hmm I led Firestarters a week ago? Firestarters is the children's ministry that runs during Thursday night base meetings so that parents who have young kids can attend the meeting without worrying about tantrums and runny noses. It was fun. No children were hurt and I was blessed by their smiles and sheer wit. 

Until next time

-Abby







"You can try and take us but we're the gladiators...and victory's contagious"
- Lorde


Song of the Week: Good Good Father - HOUSEFIRES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *